did you notice something?? This photo? okay I will tell you. this is a bookstagram, and I hardly ever do it.
- it is freaking messy and IMPOSSIBLE to clean up.
- I own mostly e-books.
- I am a lazy bean.
BUT I DID IT TODAY SO A HUGE ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR ME.
now tell me tell you a story (bonus)
I read the Infernal Devices books back in march while there was a sale going on ebooks. I really liked them but had a lot of issues. after some days, I bought the entire mortal instruments on ebook too. I wanted to read them as Lady Midnight had just come out and everyone was FREAKING LOVING it. but the problem was, I really couldn’t finish City of Bones. the writing was just so darn THICK! I am a sucker for dialogue so I skim read the descriptions but missed ALL THE DETAILS plus it got so confusing for my mind that I stopped reading. then comes May. my friend invited me to her birthday party and she loves books like me so I went to the bookstore to buy something. There I noticed Lady Midnight sitting on the shelves and had to buy it. CONTROL GOES IN VAIN. NEEDLESS TO SAY, I READ IT, LOVED IT AND IT IS NOW ONE OF MY FAVOURITE BOOKS OF THIS YEAR. I hadn’t read the other million TMI books you need to read before Lady Midnight, but I wasn’t confused. I became a huge fan of Shadowhunters after reading Lady midnight. now September. I took the risk and bought the TMI series in the new UK paperback. I love them after struggling foir some time but now I am obsessed.
I am also so so grateful to my friend as if it hadn’t been her birthday, I would NEVER have bought Lady midnight as I don’t go to the bookstore and buy ALL my books online.
so maybe we should get on with the review, shall we?? 😉
OKAY SO FIRST THE THINGS THAT I LIKED-
- THE HUMOR- all of Cassie’s books are really funny and this does not miss the humor.
(P.S- I HAVEN’T YET READ ANY OF RICK RIORDAN’S BOOKS (SUE ME) AND HE IS CONSIDERED THE FUNNIEST WRITER. WE ARE GETTING THERE. ONE DAY I WILL READ ALL OF HIS BOOKS. ONE DY. JUST WAIT)
2. SIMON OH DEAR SIMON- He is my absolute favourite character and his nerd outbursts are the best which the shadowhunters have no idea of as they are busy in demon slaying. #priorities
3. THE WRITING- this can be seen as both an advantage and a disadvantage. if you are a sucker of descriptions plus gorgeous writing, THEN THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU.
4. BAD ASS ACTION- Cassie has a natural talent of writing action scenes, and I loved each one of them, specially the Hotel Dumort one and the Greater Demon one.
5. A GOOD URBAN FANTASY- This isn’t what you would call entirely original, but it keeps you entertained and one the edge of your seat. I wasn’t bored even once.
THINGS I DID NOT LIKE-
- SLOW PACING- This book is sooo slow, even a tortoise will win if they race. this indeed helps in the end when there is action plus a cliffhanger ending.
- THE DETAILS- Many of the descriptions were so much in detail which I felt was really unnecessary. they are described in so much detail, I mean JUST STOP.
so that is it!!!!
I hope you enjoyed my review plus I totally recommend any Cassandra Clare book even if they are really slow. If you do not like reading a million books and don’t care for spoilers, then start with Lady midnight, otherwise read the infernal devices first, then the mortal instruments, the bane chronicles and tales from the shadowhunter academy and in the end lady midnight. YOU WON’T REGRET THIS DECISION.
SO TELL ME- HAVE YOU READ ANY BOOKS BY CASSANDRA CLARE OR PLAN ON READING THEM? ALSO HAVE YOU READ A BOOK THAT IS INCREDIBLY SLOW BUT SO DARN WORTH IT IN THE END?